Get your prenatal education IN-PERSON, in small group settings!
Register for Labour, Delivery, Postpartum Class with Milkbud Lactation and Mamabear Playclub $175.00
Labour, Delivery, Postpartum Class with Mamabear Playclub
I’ve partnered with Mamabear Play Club to bring you a comprehensive Labour, Delivery and Postpartum class.
The three instructors bring a wide range of knowledge and experience!
Sheena: Labour and Delivery nurse, IBCLC and owner of Milkbud Lactation
Andrea: Postpartum nurse with NICU experience and certified infant sleep consultant, owner of Sleeping Beautiezzz , and co-owner of Mambear Play Club
Amanda: Postpartum nurse, certified car seat tech, and co-owner of Mamabear Play Club
SUNDAY April 7, 2024 12:30pm-5:30pm LOCATION: ST. ALBERT
SUNDAY June 2, 2024 12:30pm-5:30pm LOCATION: SPRUCE GROVE
This 5 hour Prenatal class will leave you feeling prepared and informed on the labour, delivery and postpartum processes within a home or hospital setting.
Topics covered in this class include:
- Third trimester changes
- When to go to the hospital
- Stages of Labour
- Anatomy of Labour
- Natural Labour and Birth
- Pain management: natural and medicinal options
- What happens Immediately after delivery
- Car seat Safety
- Taking baby home
- Newborn Care
- Newborn Sleep
- And more!
Price: $175 (check your benefits! You may be able to use a portion of your health spending account to cover the cost of this class!)
Labour, Delivery, Postpartum class with Mamabear Playclub $175
Next Class TBA: Prenatal Infant Feeding Class with Unity Wellness
Infant feeding is a full-time commitment for many months after your baby is born. Preparing for this in advance can help you minimize stress and self-doubt so that you can truly enjoy this time with your baby.
During this 4h class, we will cover the following topics:
- Advantages & Disadvantages of both breastfeeding and formula feeding: What the science ACTUALLY says
- Basic Breast Biology: How breasts make milk
- Latch: How to achieve the best possible, and most comfortable, latch
- Positioning: Efficiency and comfort for you and baby
- Milk Supply: How much milk should be produced? How to establish a healthy supply\
- Frequency and length of feeds: how to know if baby is getting enough!
- Bottle Feeding: Who needs to bottle feed? How much to give? Feeding techniques
- Infant formula: Qualities to look for in infant formulas, how to find the best choice for your family
- Breast pump basics: Which type of pump suits your needs (no, not everyone needs a pump!)
- How to find help and support after baby arrives
Milkbud has teamed up with Dr. Stephanie Imeson of Unity Wellness and Kaitlyn, RMT with Little Rainbow Massage, to help provide a well-rounded and holistic approach to your postpartum well-being.
We share a vision and passion for maternal mental health and will incorporate aspects of mental well-being into each topic of this class.
Your $175+gst registration fee covers you and your birth partner.
Other Details and Perks:
- $50 OFF a postpartum in-home infant feeding consultation with Sheena after your baby arrives
- $50 OFF a new patient exam with Dr.Stephanie. (If mom is seen as a patient during pregnancy, baby exam is FREE)
- Light refreshments will be provided, though we encourage you to bring a lunch (it is a jam-packed day!)
- Submit your receipt to your health spending account (or save it for next years taxes!)